The “barrique” is a small wooden barrel, of French oak, with a capacity of 225 liters, diffused in the oenological practise of many winegrowing Countries. It is used in the delicate and long phase of the refinement of wines.
- Shorten the length of maturation and aging
- Allow that more coloured substances can be extracted and stabilise them.
- Soften and makes less pungent the tannins that represent the structure of wines
- Give to wines softness and roundness
- Fostering the transfer of wine aroma, giving to the taste the notes of vanilla, coffee, chocolate and much more.